Curry Sautéed Kale and Cabbage – Autoimmune Recipes
January 6, 2022
Looking for a new vegetable dish? This autoimmune recipe is a fabulous way to incorporate more vegetables into your dinners. This goes great with Indian-inspired dishes. For more AIP recipes, download the Foogal app on Google Play and the App Store.
Cuisine type: American
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Active preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Dish type: Side
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 apple (Rome beauty or granny smith would be a good choice too)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the hot pan. Stir in the onion and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the apple and curry powder to the pan. Sauté 3-4 minutes until onion is starting to soften.
Stir in the kale, the cabbage, and 1-2 tablespoon of water to the pan.
Continue cooking until vegetables are soft, about 7-8 more minutes. If vegetables start to stick to the pan, add 1 tablespoon of water, repeat this step as needed.
Tips and Notes:
- This dish could be a great side dish. You could even serve with roasted pork or chicken to complete a meal
Discover other autoimmune recipes by downloading the Foogal app on Google Play and the App Store.
Learn more about how Foogal can help you improve your health and prevent and manage diseases through healthy eating.