Fresh Fruit and Nut Breakfast Cobbler – Healthy Recipes
January 13, 2022
Here is a quick-and-easy cobbler recipe perfect for an energizing breakfast. Unlike typical cobblers, this one is uncooked and features an all-star cast of superfoods to wake up your palate and kick start your metabolism for a great day.
Mealtime: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Cuisine type: American
Author: Ed Bauman
Active preparation time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Dish type: Main, dessert
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 Fuyu persimmon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 2 dried black figs, soaked in warm water to soften, then finely chopped
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- 1 medium apple, grated (choose from Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Braeburn, Fuji)
Grate apple and combine with lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Fold in persimmon and pomegranate seeds, if using, along with zest, cinnamon, seeds, bee pollen, and maple syrup. Set aside.
Using a food processor, purée dates and figs together. Add coconut flakes, grated ginger, and nuts. Process until mixture comes together. It should be somewhat crumbly but stick together when pinched.
Form the mixture into patties and set aside.
Spoon fruit mixture into 4 bowls and top with cobbler patties. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or cashew cream
- food processor
Discover other healthy breakfast recipes by downloading the Foogal app on Google Play and the App Store.
Learn more about how Foogal can help you improve your health and prevent and manage diseases through healthy eating.