Sheet Pan Eggs and Veggies – AIP Recipes
February 11, 2022
One sheet pan and comes together in 20 minutes? This AIP recipe is a great weeknight meal or Sunday brunch.
Mealtime: Breakfast, dinner
Cuisine type: Mediterranean
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Active preparation time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Dish type: Main
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 128.94 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8.23 grams
Fat: 7.34 grams
Protein: 7.52 grams
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved then thinly sliced
- spices of your choice (I used 2 tsp za’atar blend, 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp Aleppo chili pepper)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 large eggs
- chopped fresh parsley, as garnish
- 1 roma tomato, diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place sliced bell peppers (all colors) in a large mixing bowl. Add red onions. Season with kosher salt and pepper to your taste, 1 tsp za’atar or other preferred spice mix, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp Aleppo chili pepper (keep the remaining za’atar or other mix for later). Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat.
Transfer the pepper and onion medley to a large sheet pan. Spread in one layer. Bake in the heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove pan from oven briefly. Carefully make 6 “holes” or openings among the roasted veggies. Carefully crack each egg into a hole, keeping the yoke intact (it helps to crack the egg in a small dish to slide carefully into each hole.)
Return pan to oven and bake until the egg whites settle. Watch the yokes to see them turn to the doneness you like (anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes).
Remove from oven. Season eggs to your liking. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp za’atar all over. Add parsley, diced tomatoes, and a sprinkle of feta. Serve immediately!
Tips and Notes:
- Bell peppers of all colors have many nutrients. It’s important to eat the rainbow so you can get a variety of vitamins and minerals. Overall, they contain antioxidants, vitamin A, and Vitamin C.
Discover other AIP recipes by downloading the Foogal app on Google Play and the App Store.
Learn more about how Foogal can help you improve your health and prevent and manage diseases through healthy eating.