Smoked Trout Salad – Healthy Recipes
March 3, 2022
You can substitute hot-smoked salmon if you like. Smoked trout is available at deli counters in most large supermarkets. You can also order online. I like the one from Duck Trap in Maine.
Author: John Ash
Cuisine type: American
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Active preparation time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Dish type: Main, salad
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 594.40 kcal
Carbohydrates: 31.31 grams
Fat: 39.61 grams
Protein: 32.10 grams
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot*
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons or so fragrant honey*
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice*
- 4 tablespoons olive oil*
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste*
- 1 small tart sweet apple such as Fuji, Gala or Cosmic Crisp**
- 4 large handfuls mixed young salad greens such as arugula, spinach, cress, mache, frisée
- 1 cup salad sprouts such as sunflower or mustard (optional)
- 1 smoked trout (10 ounces), skin and bones discarded and broken into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons toasted, slivered blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or dried tart cherries
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Honey Lemon Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. (Store covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.)*
Cut apple into wedges and core. Cut wedges into thin slices (1/4 inch). In a large bowl add the apple along with a bit of the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Add remaining ingredients with as much vinaigrette as you want and toss to combine.
Season to your taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Discover other healthy recipes by downloading the Foogal app on Google Play and the App Store.
Learn more about how Foogal can help you improve your health and prevent and manage diseases through healthy eating.